Purposeful Coaching: Team
How to exploit individuality within a group
The power of a team comes from its ability to harness different individual strengths to perform better.
However, ‘different strengths’ do not come pre-packed and ready-to-use . Each strength will be based on a particular set of beliefs about what’s important and the right way to do and things.
Putting these differences together creates a highly combustible package that is far more likely to result in an explosion or stand-off than a top-performing team.
The Understanding Difference Program:
- Drives team effectiveness
- Guarantees the full contribution of all team members
- Teaches self-awareness of the contribution individuals make and the issues they bring
- Explores the different patterns of strengths and weaknesses within leadership and management teams
- Exposes the full set of skills necessary for sustainable high achievement
- Provides strategies for dealing with difference and the stresses it brings
- Strengthens organisational cohesion
The Understanding Difference Process:
- Individual assessment of all team members using personality profiling tools
- Individual coaching of team members to help them understand their specific personal strengths and development areas
- Workshops focused on real-time business objectives and tasks to expose difference in action, examine the friction it can cause and demonstrate ways to exploit it
- Regular short team-sessions to explore progress, celebrate successes and deal with recurring issues